Dirty Earbuds Suck, Get Them Sparkling Again With These Top Tips!
Here at Mymanu, we know how annoying dirty earbuds can be. Lets get your earbuds gleaming like diamonds again! Follow our top tips and tricks to get your earbuds as clean as can be, with minimal effort.
Since 1910, when inventor Nathaniel Baldwin created the first ever pair of headphones, the world of music and audio has grown. From the making of the Walkman, to the release of the very first iPod, headphones and earphones have been an integral part of our listening experience. Whether your using Skullcandy, Beats, or even our own Mymanu CLIK+ earbuds, making sure they're clean is vital.
Sometimes the quality of our earbuds seem to dull down, it happens. But what if we told you that you could fix that? Most of the time the reason the sound clarity isn't up to its usual par is actually because we have dirty earbuds. The chances are your earphones are fine, so don't be so quick to throw them out! There's no need to trash your earphones or upgrade if the sound quality has suddenly changed, unless you want to upgrade to Mymanu CLIK+ that is. You just need a few extra minutes, some cleaning products and a bit of finesse, and you're earphones should be good to go!
Things you'll need
- Your earphones
- A small cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- A toothbrush
Cleaning your earphones
- Start off simple, your earphones might only need a quick scrub with a toothbrush. Get a clean, dry, unused toothbrush. Using the toothbrush, gently scrub at the wire mesh on the earphones. This should get rid of any dust, dirt and earwax that might be clogging them. You can also give the outer parts of the earbuds a brush, too.
- If the toothbrush didn't do the trick, try blu-tack. Gently go over the wire mesh with the blu-tack to get rid of any dirt the toothbrush couldn't get. Remember to always be gentle while cleaning your earphones!
- Use a q-tip soaked in soap and water, and gently go around your earphones. Stay away from any openings on your earphones as water can easily damage electrical items. Pay attention to the contours and crevices of the earphones, and anywhere your earphones tend to touch your ear canal.
- Grab a small cloth and dab it with rubbing alcohol, or if you don't have any, hand sanitiser will do. Use the cloth to delicately brush over the wire mesh and outer parts of the earphones to get them looking pristine - so long, dirty earbuds!
- Now this step only applies if you have silicone tips for your earbuds. Mix some soap and water together and drop your silicone tips into the solution. Leave these to soak for around 5 minutes. Completely rinse the tips, getting all the soap and dirt off. Once rinsed, wipe off the water with a cloth or towel. Finally, leave the tips to dry for a while to make sure all the water has gone before reattaching the tips.
- No more dirty earbuds, your earphones are ready to use!
And there you have it! If you follow these simple steps you're bound to have the cleanest earphones around! To keep them looking fresh, we recommend cleaning your earbuds a minimum of two times a month. And to keep them as immaculate as the day you cleaned them, try to avoid putting them in grimy pockets or greasy bags. So don't leave your dirty earbuds lying around, get them cleaned!